Fire breaks out in hotel

HUYE - One building was totally destroyed when fire broke out at Le Petit Prince Hotel in Huye District, yesterday. The fire started at about mid-day and for about two hours, amid heavy wind, people and security personnel tried to contain it in vain.

HUYE - One building was totally destroyed when fire broke out at Le Petit Prince Hotel in Huye District, yesterday.
The fire started at about mid-day and for about two hours, amid heavy wind, people and security personnel tried to contain it in vain.

By press time police had yet to identify its cause.
The fire destroyed many materials which were stored in the building but it did not cause any human injury.

Synfrose Mukamazimpaka, the hotel’s owner, said the fire could have been caused by an electricity short circuit.
“I was in my office when I saw smoke over the bar’s roof. I looked through the window and finally got out. The clients who were sitting in the garden told me that they had heard a blast and later saw flames rising up,” Mukamazimpaka narrated.

“The burnt building was close to the kitchen but there was no worker in the kitchen at the time, I suspect short circuit because it came after an abrupt power cut off.”

The gutted building was used as a bar and drinks store.

Ends

 

Have Your SayLeave a comment