BPR to get new CEO

Banque Populaire du Rwanda (BPR) is set to have a new boss, the Business Times has leant. The outgoing Chief Executive Officer, Ben Kalkman, is going to be replaced by the bank’s former Chief Finance Officer (CFO) Herman Klaassen.
Herman
Herman

Banque Populaire du Rwanda (BPR) is set to have a new boss, the Business Times has leant. The outgoing Chief Executive Officer, Ben Kalkman, is going to be replaced by the bank’s former Chief Finance Officer (CFO) Herman Klaassen.

Kalkman the outgoing executive told Business Times that he will be going back to Rabo Bank head offices in Holland.
“It’s a normal expat transfer, I have been the CEO for two years and two months and it has been a great experience working in Rwanda,” He said.

Kalman’s helm has seen the bank transform from being a cooperative to commercial bank. BPR is the country’s leading commercial bank with a network of 188 branches across the country.

One of the major achievements by the bank under the management of Kalkman is the recent roll-out of mobile banking technology.

The product will enable the bank’s clients to access banking and financial services using a mobile phone.
His regime also saw the harmonisation of 28 branches. BPR is 65 percent owned by former cooperative members with the remaining 35 percent being held by RABOBANK.

Ends

 

Have Your SayLeave a comment