2010 Commonwealth Games
T46 100m finals
1. Simon Patmore (AUS) 11.14
2. Mike Radebe (RSA) 11.25
3. Abdullah Ayuba (NGR) 11.37
6. Hermans Muvunyi (RWA) 11.69
1. Jebet Langat (KEN) 4.13.62
2. Irene Jelagat (KEN) 4.13.63
3. Nicole Edwards CAN) 4.13.90
7. Jeanne D’Arc Mukakigeli (RWA) 4.37.27
Swimming, 50m freestyle
1. Sneha Thirugnanasambandam (IND) 28.14
2. Monica Bernardo (MOZ) 28.51
3. Ammara Pinto (Malawi) 30.45
6. Alphonsine Agahozo (RWA) 33.81
Boxing, Light fly category
Matusi Haziza (RWA) lost to Singh Amandeep (IND) 0-4
HERMANS Muvunyi was full of frustration after finishing 6th in yesterday’s 100m T46 finals in New Delhi.
The athlete who got off to a poor start clocked 11.69 in a race which was won by Australia’s Simon Patmore in a time of 11.14. South Africa’s Mike Radebe finished second while Nigeria’s Abdullah Ayuba rounded off the top three slots.
Muvunyi, who was in top shape during the preliminary and semi final rounds failed to polish on his start in the final.
His counterpart Jean Claude Ndayisenga failed to get past the semi-final hurdle after finishing seventh in a time of 11.86.
Elsewhere, Jean d’Arc Mukakigeli used four minutes, thirty seven seconds and twenty seven microseconds to finish bottom in his 1500m heat stage.
In swimming, 14-year old Alphonsine Agahozo finished sixth in her 50m freestyle heat stage after using 33.81seconds.
India’s Sneha Thirugnanasambandam won the heat to advance to the semi-finals.
Matusi Haziza also had a forgettable outing in the ring as he went down against India’s light fly champion Singh Amandeep 0-4 at the Talkatora stadium.