Remains of the Rwandan doctor who was recently found dead in South Africa are expected to be repatriated for burial in Rwanda on Saturday.
This was said by the Rwandan High Commissioner to South Africa, Vincent Karega, who added that a ceremony had been organised Friday to view the body in Cape Town, for those who will not manage to travel to Kigali for burial.
Dr Raymond Dusabe was found dead in a flat on Monday last week, having been in South Africa for the festive holidays.
Dusabe, 42, was prior to his demise working as a gynecological oncologist at King Faisal Hospital, Kigali.
“The Court case for the suspect killer will continue and we shall follow it closely,” Karega said in a statement, referring to the ongoing case against one suspect in custody for the alleged murder of the doctor.
A man identified as Junior Kamono, said to be of Congolese origin was last week arraigned before a South African court where he was charged with Dusabe’s murder.
Speaking to The New Times on Thursday evening, Karega said that Kamono remains the only suspect in custody.
He said that other persons of interest in the case are people who were found to have bought the car that Dusabe was using in South Africa.
The car, which was owned by a friend of the deceased, was allegedly sold to the unnamed individuals by Kamono, according to the envoy.
Fernand Murenzi, the deceased’s brother, last week told The New Times that Dusabe could have been killed “several days” before his body was found in the Cape Town flat where he was spending his holidays, owing to the state in which his body was found.
Karega took time to thank friends, family, the South Africa’s Tygerberg University and members of the Rwandan community in South Africa for efforts leading to the repatriation of the deceased’s remains.