4-yr old boy dies in fire

NYAGATARE – A four-year old boy in Mukama Sector, Nyagatare District was, on Monday night, burnt to death in a fire ignited by a burning candle. Eyewitnesses say, Jean Claude Nshimiyimana, was alone and asleep in the house when the fire started.

NYAGATARE – A four-year old boy in Mukama Sector, Nyagatare District was, on Monday night, burnt to death in a fire ignited by a burning candle.

Eyewitnesses say, Jean Claude Nshimiyimana, was alone and asleep in the house when the fire started.

The fire first burnt a mosquito net and the bedroom ceiling, before engulfing the entire house, according to the witnesses.

By the time residents rushed to the scene, the whole house was on fire, one resident said. Silver Kubwa, the Sector Executive Secretary, said the accident has affected the whole city.

“It is a tragedy to the entire Sector….but we have done all we could by providing to the grieved family necessary support,’ he said. According to Kubwa, the Sector, in collaboration with area residents have raised Rwf23, 000 to help the family.

The deceased was buried on Tuesday in Kireranyana Village, Rugarama Cell.

Ends

 

Have Your SayLeave a comment