Stage 6: Team time trial – Port Gentil – 8.5km
Stage 5 results: Lambaréné to Kango – 135km
1. Yauheni Hutarovich (Bretagne Séché-Environment) 3:08:22
2. Yohann Gene (Team Europcar) 3:08:22
3. Tim De Troyer (Wanty – Groupe Gobert) 3:08:22
4. Nolan Hoffman (South Africa) 3:08:22
5. Reynard Butler (South Africa) 3:08:22
26. Bonaventure Uwizeyimana (Team Rwanda) 3:08:22
38. Joseph Biziyaremye (Team Rwanda) 3:08:22
46. Patrick Byukusenge (Team Rwanda) 3:08:22
50. Valens Ndayisenga (Team Rwanda) 3:08:22
65. Janvier Hadi (Team Rwanda) 3:09: 03
67. Jean Bosco Nsengimana (Team Rwanda) 3:09:09
Team Rwanda Cycling is eyeing the top position in today’s team time trial event in Port Gentil, an 8.5km stage on day six of the ongoing La Tropicale Amissa Bongo in Gabon.
Coach Felix Sempoma told Saturday Sport that, “We want to do our best and win the team time trial. It is possible and that is what we hope for.”
Team Rwanda is the best African team at the UCI listed 2.1 race that has attracted the top teams on the continent including South Africa, Eritrea, Morocco and Algeria.
Five top professional teams from Europe and the Middle East are also competing for honours including Bretagne-Séché Environment (France), Bike Aid (Germany), Europcar (France), Roth-Skoda (Switzerland), Skydive Dubai (UAE) and Wanty-Groupe Gobert (Belgium).
Meanwhile, Bonaventure Uwizeyimana (26th), Joseph Biziyaremye (38th), Patrick Byukusenge (40th) and Valens Ndayisenga(50th) finished in the leading peloton at yesterday’s 135km from Lambaréné to Kango but were microseconds behind winner Yauheni Hutarovich of Bretagne Séché-Environment.