Career Opportunity in Kigali - Rwanda
A prestigious investment company in Rwanda is looking for high calibre candidate for position of General Manager for one (1) of its portfolio companies. The company is looking for experienced, self motivated and hardworking manager who should be able to work with the holding company to transform its subsidiary company to be competitive in today’s dynamic business environment. Attractive remuneration packages are available based on experience, interview results and other considerations.
The subsidiary company for which a General Manager is being sought is a private security company in Rwanda which provides a wide range of internationally recognised quality security services (guarding, Alarms, High Tech, etc).
1. Position: General Manager
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of the Holding Company
Key responsibilities include:
As the GM of the company, you will perform all managerial duties and will be charged with safe guarding as well as adding value to the shareholders’ investments:
• Overall management of all functions of the company major of which is operational management, effective interdepartmental coordination and optimal use of the company’s resources to deliver quality products and services.
• Financial management and control which will involve overseeing the accounting, budgeting, procurement and financial reporting processes; develop strategies to maximize return on investment and leverage the current asset base to raise capital and pursue new projects and or markets.
• Project planning and management including concept origination, costing, budget planning, implementation, monitoring and marketing.
• Human resource management; hiring, mentoring, training and developing of all technical and non-technical staff. Together with the management of the holding company, develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the staff and ensure that their targets are met.
• Ensure market competitiveness of company products and services through adherence to quality and compliance with environmental and industry regulations.
• Perform any other duties as may be directed by the senior management of the holding company; these may include but not be limited to:
o Providing oversight for other new projects within the portfolio though not under the specific portfolio company one is to run.
o Holding company management task forces or committees.
o A complete relocation into a new position within the group though this would be with prior notice and mutual agreement.
• Adhere to the high confidentiality requirements of the holding company.
• Ensure tax compliance, best environmental and corporate governance practices including zero tolerance for corruption.
Qualifications and Skills desired
• Education - Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Master’s degree in business/management is an added advantage.
• Work Experience – Minimum 5 years work experience in a related field and 3 years in senior managerial capacity.
• Languages – Must be fluent in English; working knowledge in either of French or Kinyarwanda is an added advantage.
Please apply with full details (application letter, curriculum vitae, three current referees, contact details) no later than Friday 26th February 2010 to the following address:
Email; email@example.com, or Fax to +250-505302 or for further information call Tel: +250-505 307
Announcement for a short-term consultancy work in gender (2 positions)
The Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) in collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources (MINAGRI) would like to solicit proposals from one international and one local consultant for the development of a sector-wide gender strategy that will enable MINAGRI to mainstream and implement gender issues through its Strategic Plan for the Transformation of Agriculture (PSTA II) and Sector-Wide Approach (SWAp) structures. The consultancy work shall be carried out over a period of not more than four months.
The consultant shall update and re-write the existing gender strategy (March 2006) to produce a new agriculture sector-wide gender strategy that will guide gender mainstreaming into the new PSTA II and other development programs within the agriculture sector. The consultancy work includes identifying gender gaps, interviewing selected individuals and groups and consultation with main actors involved in the agriculture sector in Rwanda, as may be deemed necessary to inform the new sector-wide gender strategy. The Consultants’ Team will produce the strategy document and submit it to MINAGRI and subsequently presented to the agriculture sector working group for comments and inputs or adoption. A draft document shall be submitted to MINAGRI in a period of 90 calendar days. Validation workshops and final report should be completed in the following 30 calendars days.
Detailed Terms of Reference can be obtained from the Program Support Unit (PSU) reception desk, tel. 0788304349 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Office is located on Akagera Street, next to the Office of the High Commission of Canada.
• A work plan/roadmap for carrying the assessment which will be approved by MINAGRI;
• A sector-wide gender strategy document.
Essential qualifications and composition of the Team.
The assignment of developing a gender strategy for the agriculture transformation strategy will be done by a team composed of one international consultant (Team Leader) and a local consultant (member of the Team) with the following profile:
Masters’ degree in gender, social studies, macro-economy or rural development with gender experience;
Extensive experience/expertise in developing or evaluating country poverty reduction strategies, and in particular sector gender policies or strategies (minimum – 5 years);
Professional experience in policy/strategy analysis, development within a specific country context;
Experience in gender issues in East-Africa in general and in Rwanda in particular;
Ability to work effectively in English.
The local consultant must speak Kinyarwanda.
Candidates are invited to submit their application to the Rwanda-Burundi PSU, Akagera Street, Kiyovu – Kigali, not later than 12 pm – Friday, February 19, 2010. Applications must include the following documents:
- A covering letter indicating relevant qualifications and similar experiences for the assignment
- A Curriculum vitae (of each individual proposed if proposal made by a Consultation Firm)
- A copy of diplomas for relevant education and/or training
- References (three references, telephone numbers and emails)
- A Technical Proposal (3 pages)
- In a sealed and separate envelope, a Financial Proposal indicating the consultants daily rate, if possible in local currency
Only pre-selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
The office of Coordination in Kigali of the Partnership between Rhineland-Palatinate and Rwanda is extending the team with a post for a civil engineer as a Junior Project Manager.
Attributions and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of the Construction Department the tasks are:
- Evaluation of building projects: Leading discussions and interviews, measuring quantities at site/examination of existing infrastructure, compilation of reports;
- Compilation and examination of bill of quantities;
- Carrying out inspections at site: inspecting, directing the building company, consulting the local partner, report writing;
- Carrying out acceptance of construction work;
- Follow up of critical building sites
Qualifications / Requirements:
BSc / MSc Civil Engineering
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to calculate / examine bill of quantities
- High Flexibility / Fitness especially for field work
- High motivation / personal responsibility for field work
- Creativity for development of construction / rehabilitation projects
- French and English language skills (fluency in one of the languages at least)
- Comprehension for goals and philosophy of this Partnership based on grass-root level
- Negotiating skills desirable
The interested candidates should deliver a complete application file to the Director of the office of Coordination, Partnership Rhineland-Palatinate / Rwanda (“Jumelage”), Kigali, 39 Bld de la Révolution (between Serena Hotel and SONARWA Insurance).
The application file should include:
- An application letter addressed to the Director of the Office of Coordination
- One detailed curriculum vitae with photo
- Photocopies of diploma and work certificates
Duration of the contrat
The contract will be issued for two years with the possibility of extension for one time.
Until February 25th, 2010
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a leading international organization dedicated to closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. By helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money and information, MSH saves lives and improves health.
MSH Rwanda is looking for 2 candidates to fill for the position of Program Associate.
Center for Pharmaceutical Management
Strengthening Pharmaceutical Systems (SPS) Program
Title: Program Associate, Rwanda
Reports to: Senior Program Associate, Rwanda
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
The Program Associate works under the supervision of SPS Senior Program Associate. She/he provides assistance to other senior staff members, in planning, implementing, coordinating and monitoring project activities. The Program Associate assists in strengthening the capacity of MOH institutions and hospitals in terms of rational drug use and Pharmacovigilance, and pharmacy and laboratory staff in terms of pharmaceutical and commodity management at district and service delivery.
Specific Responsibilities :
1. Provide assistance to facilitate the implementation of activities at the facility and community levels related to Community Case Management for Child survival, Pharmacovigilance and drug safety and Rational Drug Use, such as development or adaptation of tools, guidelines and Standards Operating Procedures (SOPs).
2. Assist the technical staff in supporting target referral and district hospitals to implement quality service indicators and intervention through Drug and Therapeutics Committees or any other entity in the Ministry of Health (MOH).
3. Assist the technical staff in supporting the relevant staff at target service delivery facilities to improve good dispensing practices at the dispensing window, antimicrobial resistance containment and the rational use of HIV/AIDS medicines and related commodities, antimalarial and other delivery programs.
4. Assist in organizing and coordinating training programs focused on the Rational Drug use and Pharmacovigilance that will require interaction and coordination with various partners or organizations. Facilitate work of external consultants’ as required.
5. Assist in conception of public awareness messages focused on the Rational Medicine Use.
6. Assist with the monitoring of project activities, including collecting and analyzing data related to key indicators established within the Management of Information System (MIS), identifying and reporting problems, implementing solutions in coordination with other members of staff, and writing activity reports.
7. Other duties as required.
1. Graduate degree in a health related field required (medical background or pharmacy) or a combination of education and relevant experience.
2. Resident working experience of a minimum of 2 years in Rwanda in the health sector, preferably with or in hospital settings.
3. Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
4. Knowledge of appropriate methods for data analysis and reporting.
5. Strong computer skills, including sound knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point.
6. Fluent in both French and English, and ability to work in those languages.
7. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently.
8. Willingness to travel extensively 75% of time work on the field inside Rwanda.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color , religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
Note: There are no relocation allowances for this position.
Apply for this Job:
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, CV, Certified copy/s of diplomas to:
Attn: Senior Technical Advisor/ Team Leader
for Strengthening Pharmaceutical Systems
Management Sciences for Health
Avenue de La Paix, 185, Kiyovu (opposite CHUK, ex BCDI building), P.O Box 371 Kigali Rwanda
Deadline for submission is February 26th, 2010 at 12.00 AM