Police hold donors’ roundtable meeting

The Rwanda National Police yesterday held a roundtable meeting with its development partners aimed at gathering input to their five-year strategic plan and seeking support. The meeting was chaired by the Commissioner General of Police, Emmanuel Gasana, who outlined the key priority areas in the force’s five-year strategic plan.
POLICE CHIEF: Emmanuel Gasana
POLICE CHIEF: Emmanuel Gasana

The Rwanda National Police yesterday held a roundtable meeting with its development partners aimed at gathering input to their five-year strategic plan and seeking support.

The meeting was chaired by the Commissioner General of Police, Emmanuel Gasana, who outlined the key priority areas in the force’s five-year strategic plan.

“The Rwanda National Police priorities have been determined and translated into workable programmes and actions,” Gasana told the partners.

He listed the priority areas as community policing, crime investigations with emphasis on scientific evidence, handling of sensitive cases like the Gender Based Violence crimes, training with an aim of professionalizing the police, road safety, infrastructural and human resource development and partnership with international, regional, government and private entities.

Currently, 70 percent of the police operations are funded by the government while the remaining 30 percent is financed by development partners.

During the meeting, both the police commanders and their donors agreed to come up with a genuine strategy of monitoring and evaluating the Police activates for aid effectiveness.

As a result of that, a joint working group made up of donors and police commanders was formed to come up with the best formula of evaluation of police activities.

During the meeting, donors hailed the police force for their transparency in availing its policies and plans and pledged their support.

Ends

Have Your SayLeave a comment