I am writing to you as one of the many people who bought plots of land from the GOBOKA Cooperative in Kibagabaga a while back.
Now, I am facing the threat of losing this plot of land following a conflict between Colonel Mudenge and GOBOKA Cooperative. I would like to ask through you these questions:
1. What is the problem between Colonel Mudenge and GOBOKA Cooperative?
2. How can Colonel Mudenge have the power to stop people from building their homes despite the fact that they have all the relevant official papers including the famous ‘autorisation de batir’? The strange thing is that he stopped tens of owners of plots without showing them a single official paper; he did it just verbally.
3. When will this problem is likely to be solved?
4. Who will be responsible of the loss incurred by plots owners who stopped their work suddenly?
5. How come a problem of that kind can happen and we do not see any local leader or authority around to mediate?
Editor’s note: We hope that the concerned authorities read this letter and solve the writer’s complaint.