1. Is it two weeks in and you’ve met their parents? Are they in the first four days throwing around words like ‘forever’? Maybe they’re just head-over-heels and want to lock it down before the best thing that’s ever happened to them gets away.
2. They tend to show you off. What are you doing on their arm at the birthday party of a vague acquaintance? Why are you meeting everyone and actually talking to no one? It’s like wearing a t-shirt saying “I’m over my ex.”
3. Maybe it’s true that no one else they’ve ever dated has ever been able to go Anchorman quote for Anchorman quote with them. But, why do they have to make it weird by saying that their ex “didn’t know how to have fun”?
4. Anytime someone makes a point of telling you, unprovoked, that they’re “in a really good place” it’s more than likely because they desperately want to be “in a really good place.”
5. Not that you’re not worthy of excessive praise but non-specific excessive praise? If you’re not sure what they actually like so much about you, it’s probably worth asking.