Assistant (half-day) for TVET Partnership Project
The Partnership between Rhineland-Palatinate (Federal state in Germany) and Rwanda exists since 34 years and is a successful model for decentralized and citizen-oriented development cooperation.The office in Kigali coordinates the various activities in the fields of education, TVET, healthcare, inclusion of people with disabilities, social projects, infrastructure, water and energy.
The Chamber of Skilled Crafts (CSC) Koblenz is a department of the Coordination Office in Rwanda. Koblenz is located in the northern part of Rhineland-Palatinate. CSC Koblenz has more than 20 years of experience in international TVET projects. Currently, CSC Koblenz is implementing a TVET partnership project in Rwanda.
In order to strengthen thisTVET partnership,the coordination office is recruiting as soon as possible a competent assistant (half-day) to the Project Manager.He/she will work under his supervision. He/she will becontact person for public and private partners in the Rwandan TVET and construction sector.The employment is planned for half a year or longer, depending on performance and availability of project funds.
The assistant will perform the following tasks:
- Facilitate regular contact and communication with partners.
- Financial and overall administration of the project (e. g. accounting, bank transactions, hotel reservations, procurement).
- Prepare and organize the delegations from and to Koblenz, prepare documentation.
- Organize and head meetings with partners (e. g. project work group), prepare minutes.
- Observe and analyze the Rwandan TVET and construction sector, prepare reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- Rwandan national with knowledge of Germany.
- Fluency in oral and written English AND Kinyarwanda.
- Possession of a valid driving license (car).
- At least 2 years work experience.
- Computer literate (MS Office, internet, email).
- Very good communication skills, networking and organizing abilities.
- Ability to work in a structured way, under pressure and to respect deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
Beneficial qualifications, competences and experience:
- Fluency in oral and written German will be an added advantage, French desirable.
- Knowledge of the Rwandan TVET and/or Rwandan construction sector will be a strong advantage.
- University degree or equivalent qualification in disciplines related to project activities (TVET, project management and related field of studies) will be an advantage.
Please send your applicationuntil latest 23rd of August by email only to email@example.com, including the following documents: Motivation letter, updated CV, certificate and 2 references. The email attachmentmay not be more than 2MB in total. Please quote the job title in the subject.