The Coordination Office of the Partnership Rhineland-Palatinate/Rwanda (Jumelage) is announcing the following vacancy:
Technical Advisor for promoting economic relations between Rwanda and Rhineland-Palatinate
The Partnership between Rhineland-Palatinate (Federal state in Germany) and Rwanda exists since 34 years and is a successful model for decentralized and citizen-oriented development cooperation. The office in Kigali coordinates the various activities in the fields of education, TVET, healthcare, inclusion of people with disabilities, social projects, infrastructure, water and energy.
Furthermore the partnership seeks to strengthen the economic relations between Rwanda and Rhineland-Palatinate in order to support trade, investment and employment. The first steps have been done: In 2014 and 2015 two business delegations with entrepreneurs from Rhineland-Palatinate visited Ruanda. A third business delegation is planned for September 2016.
For promoting and coordinating business relations the coordination office is recruiting as soon as possible a competent technical advisor. He/she will work under the supervision of the director of the coordination office. He/she will be the contact person for entrepreneurs in Rwanda and in Rhineland-Palatinate and will be in direct exchange with the ministry of economy in RLP. The employment is planned for two years or longer.
The technical advisor will perform the following tasks:
* connect business partners from Rhineland-Palatinate and Rwanda,
* have contact with government and business institutions, facilitate meetings, prepare minutes
* organize B2B talks between entrepreneurs from Rwanda and Rhineland-Palatinate
* establish and continuously update a business network
* observe and analyze the Rwandan market, prepare reports
* distribute information materials on the federal state of Rhineland-Palatinate and its economy
* prepare and organize the program of business delegations from and to Rhineland-Palatinate, prepare documentation
Required qualifications, competences and experience
* bachelor or master degree in economics, business administration or engineering
* at least 2 years work experience
* knowledge of Rwandan economy and development strategies
* Rwandan national with knowledge of Germany and German economy, studies in Germany an advantage
* fluency in oral and written English, knowledge of German a strong advantage, French desirable
* ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines
* very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (MS Office, internet, email)
* very good communication skills, networking and organizing abilities
* ability to work in a team as well as independently, conceptual skills
Please send your application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificate and references) until latest 10th of April by email only to email@example.com. The email attachment should be in one PDF file and my not more than 2MB. Please quote the job title in the subject.