Launching “Our Customer, Our Pride series”
Every month, the bank will be inviting a client to talk to staff and other clients about how their lives have been improved through their partnership with KCB. The aim is to encourage staff to be the difference that makes a difference in the clients’ lives. We want them to know that their everyday work is not to be taken lightly because they are actually changing lives. We will subsequently have these portraits displayed in all our branches as everyday reminders.
The Story of SARURA:
Main business: Inventory Credit Financing
- KCB is currently the only commercial bank in Rwanda involved in inventory credit financing.
- SARURA’s main business is Maize and Beans warehousing.
- 1.3B in 2years (4 harvesting seasons)Impact/Achievements:
- Created jobs: Employed 3 people before becoming KCB Client, now employs 130.
- Promotes farmers’ harvest and improves their quality: Now works with 50 cooperatives from just 10. 95% of the cooperatives are also KCB clients.
- Create market linkages between farmer cooperatives and traders.
- Covers cooperatives from the whole Eastern province (Started with 2 districts) to Northern and has now started work in the Southern province.
- Supplies to big organizations: WFP and MINIMEX and Regional traders are biggest clients.
- Rated Tier One supplier by WFP.
- Collects 3000 metric tons on average per year from just 500.
- Storage: At 3 warehouses; 2 in Kayonza and 1 in Kigali.
- Looking to open 10 collection centers with storage space, as they expand to cover the South.