Deadline: 7 November 2014
The Ministry of Local Government (MINALOC) in cooperation with the GIZ Decentralization and Good Governance Program is seeking to recruit an individual consultant to update the service delivery charters for local governments.
Output of the assignment is the production of Standard Service Charters at district, sector and cell levels for three types of districts: urban districts, secondary cities and rural districts.
1. Seven years of relevant experience in capacity development, support to service delivery, sector decentralization, preferably in the Public Sector/Local Government;
2. Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Policy, Public Administration, Development Studies or related field;
3. Experience in working with central and local government institutions within the Rwandan decentralization context;
4. Proven experience in conducting research, assessments, reviews, and analyses;
5. Knowledge of the Rwandan public sector context and proven ability to capture relevant information;
6. In-depth knowledge of the current legal and policy framework for decentralized administrative entities, sector decentralization and service delivery is highly desirable;
7. In-depth knowledge of the contents and elaboration process of local government service charters is considered an asset;
8. Capacity to work independently, within tight deadlines and take initiative;
9. Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and reporting skills;
10. Full proficiency in both written and oral English and Kinyarwanda is required.
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should submit their CVs in digital format only and three professional references including their full contacts (physical address, telephone and e-mail address) to: email@example.com. Deadline is 7 November 2014.
Please note that applications by hard copy will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in the further application process.
Done at Kigali, 22 October 2014