The Sustainable Development Goals Center for Africa (SDGC/A)
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT - AFRICA SDG INDEX AND DASHBOARDS
The website developer company will Design, Develop, Test, Train Website Administrators and Deploy a comprehensive website for Africa SDG Index and Dashboards Website. The company will also provide 6 months post-deployment support for after the website is fully operational.
The Sustainable Development Goals Center for Africa (SDGC/A) is an international organization, headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda, that provides support to governments, civil society, businesses and academic institutions to accelerate progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Africa. The SDGC/A launched its operations in July 2016 and its main areas of work include Research and policy advice; Education and capacity building; Technology, innovation and outreach and Inter-country investments and projects.
The Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) and the SDG Center for Africa are jointly developing and publishing the Africa SDG Index and Dashboard. The annual report will focus on Africa's special needs in achieving the SDGs and build on the global SDG Index and Dashboards in support of the universal 2030 Agenda. It will focus on data and development challenges facing Africa to help track and benchmark SDG performance. Board members of the SDG Center for Africa, including Rwanda, Benin, Chad, Mozambique, Ghana, Ivory Coast and Guinea, have requested both organizations to undertake this work.
The objective of the Africa SDG Index Website is to provide the indicators and dashboards that will help African countries pinpoint key implementation challenges, while the overall index can provide an opportunity to assist countries in benchmarking their SDG performance against their African peers. As such, we have added more Africa-relevant indicators and metrics using data sourced from institutions within and focusing on Africa, including from Agenda 2063. The report synthesizes available data on the SDGs from official and unofficial sources and will feature case studies highlighting data and development successes and challenges in four African countries.
- USER GROUPS/AUDIENCE
The target user groups/ audience include the following:
- General public
- Government bodies
- NGOs and international organizations
- Civil society organizations
- Development agencies
- BASIC STRUCTURE OF THE AFRICA SDG INDEX AND DASHBOARDS WEBSITE
- Overview –Africa SDG & Dashboard
- Main findings
- Index (Able to rank, compare index score among countries and drill down in goal, targets and indicators)
- Dashboard (able to drill into country, goals, targets and indicators)
- Country Profiles
- Data Visual analytics (feature allowing user to analyze data, compare countries, goals, indicators)
- Meta Data
- Import/export (allowing to download data in excel, csv, png)
- Stay informed- Latest News & Updates
- Media- Video and Photos
- About us
- Profiles of and links to SDGCA & SDSN website
- Previous Reports
- Contact us
Content and design ideas for these pages will be provided upon hire.
- DETAILED REQUIREMENTS OF AFRICA SDG INDEX AND DASHBOARDS WEBSITE
The selected bidder will be required to create (design, develop, test and deploy) a web platform within the designated timeline, which meets the following criteria:
- Assess the current SDG Index website (www.sdgindex.org) for reference, structure and contents for ease of accessibility, quality of contents, user-friendliness, ease of maintenance/update, information retrieval, observing how it can be improved in the development of the Africa SDG Index and Dashboard website.
- The design needs to be clean, fresh and professional
- Applying the advantages of layout design, navigation, usability & etc. to the redesign & implementation.
- Make proposal for design of the website based on website guidelines for Management's review and approval.
- Interactive, appealing, highly usable and responsive design, taking into account the requirements from SDGC/A: clear catalogs & folders for data & page storage, attractive site & page layout, easy to use, visual analytics, update and maintain, flexible navigation & search function; counting function for web pages visited, etc.
- Average site load-time should be reasonable
- Search engine friendly
- Backup and Restore: Make recommendations for backup/restore plan.
- Compatibility: Able to render appropriately on a wide variety of different browsers, including mobile and tablet compatibility
- Contact Form: For users to submit questions
- Content: Gather informative contents for the Web presence (text, documents, pictures, key speeches, etc.) from SDGC/A Monitoring and Evaluation Department.
- Content Management System:
- The solution should be CMS based website
- Train SDGC/A staff on website maintenance and content update; including the ability to create, remove, edit and publish content.
- Documents and Graphics: Able to include documents and graphics for implementation in the website.
- Hosting Server: Working with SDGC/A IT for the website hosting service.
- Plugins: Make recommendations for software, hardware, and other back-end applications related to Web development. The website should be made so that it can be built upon in the future, adding additional features when necessary (e.g. discussion forum, surveys, etc.)
- Site Statistics/Management Reports: The solution should provide authorized users with a number of relevant reports, for example site usage, demographics, key interests/topics being discussed within the collaborative spaces and other relevant statistical data.
- Social Media Integration: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Newsletter: Disseminated using applicable plugin that integrate a subscription form into the platform
- Web Security: implement security against SQL injection, DoS attack and establish anti-hacker plan for the website.
- IMPLEMENTATION TIMELINE
All the work of website design, development, testing and deployment must be completed within 20 to 30 days from engagement date.
- PROPOSALS CONTENT
Proposals must be expressed in the English and will include:
- Technical Proposal
- Track record with a list of at least 3websites developed by the bidder, with similar or higher level of complexity, as proof of company’s experience in similar work, with references.
- The company’s profile describing the nature of business, field of expertise, licenses
- Certificate of Company Registration
- Names, Qualifications and Curriculum vitae of the key personnel to be assigned for this work
- Roles of the key personnel to be assigned for this work,
- Note on Coordination, Reporting of Progress and Quality Assurance Mechanism
- Work planning with allocated timeline for the entire process of design, development, testing, website administrators training and deployment.
- Plan for website administrators training and post-deployment support plan
- Financial Proposal
The Financial Proposal will include the overall price quotation for entire process of design, development, testing, administrators training and 6 months post-deployment support. Financial proposal must be valid for a minimum period of 90 days.
- HOW TO SUBMIT THE PROPOSALS
Interested companies with relevant experience in website development are required to submit their proposals in either paper submission or alternatively electronic submission following the instructions below:
Proposals comprising of (i) technical proposal and (ii) financial proposal must be delivered to the SDGC/A Office reception, each separately bound and inserted in separate sealed envelopes with clear marking “technical proposal” or “financial proposal” as applicable. The address for delivery of proposals in paper version is the following:
The Sustainable Development Goals Center for Africa
M. Peace Plaza, 8th Floor, Tower C
KN 4 Avenue, Nyarugenge, Kigali, Rwanda
Attention: Procurement Manager
Alternative Electronic submission
The proposals comprising proposals comprising of (i) technical proposal and (ii) financial proposal must be sentin separate emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS SUBMISSION
Proposals must be submitted by29th May 2018 at 14.00 Kigali, Rwanda Time. Proposals that are received by SDGCA after the deadline indicated above, for whatever reason, shall not be considered for evaluation.
- PRINCIPLES AGAINST FRAUD AND CORRUPTION
The SDGC/A is committed to preventing, identifying and addressing any act of fraud, corruption and other malpractice, and expects that bidders will adhere to the same ethical principles.
- CONTACT PERSON FOR INQUIRIES
Only written inquiries should be sent to Mrs. Mahmouda Hamoud (email: email@example.com).