Nominations are underway for the inaugural edition of the Made-in-Rwanda Awards. Organised by the East African Youth Development Agency, the awards will take place on May 15 at a yet to be named venue.
Nominations for the awards opened on April 23 and close on Friday May 5.
East African Youth Development Awards is also behind other awards such as the annual Smart Service Awards, Rwanda Sports Awards, and the Broadcaster’s Excellence Awards.
“Made-in-Rwanda awards is a forum that seeks to recognise individuals, companies and institutions that have contributed to the country’s economic growth by creating and promoting Rwanda’s domestic products, both locally and internationally,” explained Emmanuel Mugisha, firm’s managing director.
The awards will be given out in ten competitive categories, while there will also be five special recognition awards for Fashion, Lifestyle, and Innovation.
1. Fashion house of the year.
2. Fashion boutique of the year
3. Female model of the year
4. Male model of the year
5. Fashion photographer of the year.
6. Stylish female celebrity of the year
7. Stylish male celebrity of the year
8. Fashionable music video of the year
9. Creative designer of the year.
10. Fashion brand of the year.
Special recognition categories
2. Food and beverages
3. Training centres