Reports to Chief Assessment and Employment Pathways Officer, Global Education Movement
Location SNHU Assessment Center, Kimihurura, Kigali. (located at Fairview Building, across Lemigo Hotel)
Work Hours Full time, 40 hours per week
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), in partnership with Inkomoko Business Development, has launched an on-line education assessment center in Kigali.
-The Director is a member of the lead staff at the SNHU assessment center, and is responsible for training and supporting a team of Managers and Reviewers, each of whom evaluates student project submissions using a pre-existing rubric designed specifically for each project.
-The Director is responsible for creating and implementing the standard operating procedures of the assessment center to ensure that SNHU operational, financial and productivity goals are achieved.
-The Director will identify challenges and proactively develop solutions to these challenges.
-The Director will ensure consistency of student experience across assessors and ensure that SNHU standards of academic honesty are met.
-The Director will work effectively across teams and departments.
-Additionally, the Director will be responsible for bookkeeping, budget reporting and ensuring all SNHU and Inkomoko policies are followed. The Director will review student project submissions as necessary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
MANAGEMENT & STAFF SUPERVISION
. Assess the professional development needs of the Managers and staff and coordinate, develop and deliver appropriate support and trainings·
. Create and implement standard operating procedures to ensure the goals of the assessment center are met·
. Work closely with Inkomoko leadership to provide thought partnership around day to day and longer term success and take concrete steps and actions to ensure success is met
· Ensure Assessment Center expenditures remain in line with targeted budget goals
· Ensure all process and database management protocols are followed· Establish targets, work plans and key performance indicators in close collaboration with leadership team
· Maintain an environment with focus and commitment to academic excellence and honesty· Interface with Chief Assessment Officer and other leadership to keep them apprised of program operations and assess any support needed
· Provide day to day support and supervision to of a team of Managers and Reviewers
· Monitor and report on the weekly progress and areas of improvement of the assessment center and provide reports to SNHU as requested
· Consistently evaluate and conduct performance reviews of assessment center employees, both verbally and in writing as required for development as well as on a timeframe as requested by SNHU
· Ensure the assessment center complies with all documentation and regulations required by the US
and/or Rwandan governments.
· Other duties as required to ensure the success of the assessment center
· Lead quality assurance processes
· Lead assessment norming processes
· Lead academic integrity validation
· Maintain an in-depth knowledge of every component of curriculum·
. Use rubrics and supplemental information to provide fair and consistent evaluations with encouraging, specific, and actionable feedback
· Perform evaluations and communicate with students through a Learning Management System
· Complete program improvement assignments, as needed
· Attend in-person, online video and telephone meetings with leadership and other team members
· Protect student privacy
· Work in a team, both as a leader and active follower as required both in person and digitally
· Assess with integrity, honesty, and ethically
PUBLIC RELATIONS & PARTNERSHIPS
· Serve as the representative of the assessment center, including in government and partner meetings
· Work with SNHU’s partner, Inkomoko, to ensure SNHU is a top-notch partner, proactively addressing and resolving any challenges that may arise, as well as celebrating the successes of the partnership
· Ph.D. Degree or Master’s with commensurate years of experience
· Experience providing training, consultation and support in a professional manner
· Experience in a senior management role
· Strong writing skills
· Proven ability to take initiative and build strong productive relationships
· Experience providing direct observation and feedback on staff performance
· Ability to Identify individual and team performance opportunities
· Demonstrated ability to be flexible/adaptable in exercising judgment in a dynamic environment
· Prior college-level experience with non-traditional and online learning preferred
· Knowledge or expertise in competency-based education
· Ability to score consistently using a rubric
· An encouraging and respectful attitude toward all students and colleagues; “can-do” attitude
· Demonstrated level of English fluency at the academic/higher education level
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
· Demonstrated fluency in use of technology, especially software applications
· Demonstrate ability to learn and utilize rapidly changing technological platforms
· Demonstrated experience and outcomes managing a team
· Demonstrated experience and outcomes leading and organization or sizeable project
· Demonstrated experience working with international organizations in a management role
· Demonstrated experience working with partners, governments, and leaders from high levels within outside organizations
· Fluency in at least one or more East African languages (Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, French, Swahili) is preferred
Directors will be offered the minimum of a competitive salary, health insurance, paid leave (including sick, vacation, and maternity/paternity), and a one-year contract, renewable at the end of the contract period, depending on performance.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The Director will work at the Kigali, Rwanda Assessment Center 5 days a week. The 1st floor office has dedicated parking spaces, break room, conference rooms, and lots of natural light, co-located with Inkomoko Business Development. Work will be completed using a computer provided by the assessment center.
Please email your cover letter including your salary requirements and your CV to R.Sears1@SNHU.edu
Include “Director” in the email subject line.
Please address cover letter to Ms. Rachael Sears. Cover letters addressed to Dear Sir will not be considered. Deadline to apply is June 27, 2018.