Child dies in house fire

KAYONZA- A child died when fire gutted a residential house on Wednesday night, in Nyamirama Sector, Kayonza District.

KAYONZA- A child died when fire gutted a residential house on Wednesday night, in Nyamirama Sector, Kayonza District.

There were four children in the house but three had left  moments before the fire engulfed the house.

Sources suspected that the 8.45 pm fire was ignited by a burning candle. The family’s property including clothes and goats were destroyed and killed in the inferno.

The children’s mother only identified as Niguru and the father James Niyonzima were both not in the house at the time the fire started.

Neighbors who rushed to the scene found  the fire had already engulfed the whole house.

The Executive Secretary of Nyamirama Sector, Andrea Twamugabo, blamed the accident on  careless on the part of the children’s parents.

“This woman left the house at 5.00pm only to return at 8.pm. She found everything razed down by the fire. Apart from the dead child, Sebizeze, four goats and other property inside the house were reduced to ashes,” Twamugabo said.

Furious neighbors also complained about the neglect from the two family heads.

Ends

 

Have Your SayLeave a comment