Rayon sign five-year deal with Ruhago Sports Promoters

Rayon Sports have signed a five-year-contract with Ruhago Sports Promoters in which the later will make and sell membership cards to supporters on behalf of the Nyaza-based club.
Rayon Sports cheer leader Rwarutabura (C), who holds a Rwf5000 membership card, leads fellow supporters during a league match last season. (File)
Rayon Sports cheer leader Rwarutabura (C), who holds a Rwf5000 membership card, leads fellow supporters during a league match last season. (File)

Rayon Sports have signed a five-year-contract with Ruhago Sports Promoters in which the later will make and sell membership cards to supporters on behalf of the Nyaza-based club.

As part of the deal, the seven-time league winners will receive 60 per cent of the fee, while Ruhago Sports Promoters will take the other 40%.

The Director of Ruhago Sports Promoters, Philemon Twagirimana, said his company plans to promote the scheme throughout the country to make sure that every Rayon Sports fan is reached.

According to the official, membership card fees will range from Rwf100, 000, Rwf50, 000, Rwf5, 000 and Rwf1000.

“We will work with over 300 employees, who will be dispatching the cards to the fans in all corners of the country. We believe Rayon Sports will benefit from this deal as it will help them to know how many fans they have,” Twagirimana told Sunday Sport on Friday.

The Rayon Sports president Theogene Ntamapaka said that the scheme is a win-win deal for both the club and Ruhago Sports Promoters.

Last month, Rayon, which is the most supported club in Rwanda with an estimated fan-base of over four millions supporters countrywide, signed a three-year sponsorship deal with Skol Brewery Ltd worthy 182,000 Euros (about Rwf170m).

The ‘Blues’ won the league title in 2013, their first in seven years, but surrendered it to archrivals APR this season.

 

Have Your SayLeave a comment