EA Military Games
Cross Country Results
1. Kiplimo Kimutai (Ken) 32:40:77
2. Nathan Lagat (Ken) 32:52:24
3. William Chebon (Ken) 32:56:35
8. Jean Baptista Simuceka (Rwa) 33:36:21
1. Sally Barasisio (Ken) 25:33:59
2. Adero Nyakisi (UGA) 25:36:63
3. Irene Kwambai (Ken) 25:43:17
6. Epiphanie Nyirabarame (RWA) 26:08:46
Kenyans reigned supreme in yesterday’s East Africa Military Games Cross country at Kigali Golf Club.
IAAF’s Grand Prix silver medalist in Hengelo, Kiplimo Kimutai won the 12km race after clocking 32.40.79.
Nathan Lagat, William Chebon and Lewis Mosoti finished in second, third and fourth positions after clocking 32.52.24, 32.56.35 and 33.19.11 respectively.
Rwanda’s best performer Jean Baptista Simuceka finished eighth position after late withdrawals from Dieudonne Disi and Sylvain Rukundo. Simuceka clocked 33:36:21.
But it was still a Kenyan affair in the women category as Sally Barasisio came first in a time of 25:33:59. Uganda’s Adero Nyakisi finished second (25:36:63) while Irene Kwambai settled in third position (25:43:17).
Rwanda’s Epiphanie Nyirabarame finished sixth after clocking 26:08:46. Overall, Rwanda finished third while Kenya and Uganda finished first and second respectively.