The New Times Publications S.a.r.l wishes to recruit a suitable person to fill a vacancy in the Editorial Department.
Job position: Sub-Editor
Reporting to the Editor, the person will be responsible for the following:
• Act on behalf of the Editor when/if necessary.
• Ensure good input by all contributors.
• Ensure that all material is well researched and factually presented to the reading public.
• Plan ahead for upcoming events and prepare feature articles as deemed necessary.
• Develop articles and opinions in all areas about events as they evolve.
• Assist in researching topics that might be of interest to the general public
• Guide writers and assign them stories in different disciplines and domains.
• Assist the editor in co-ordinating all material that is to be used in the newspaper.
• Generate story ideas through brainstorming with colleagues, contributors and reporters.
• Be able to write opinions, features, commentaries or any other write-ups as may be assigned by the Editor from time to time.
• Verify sources and content given in for publication as to their originality
• Edit/translate all content submitted from different areas and verify their technical accuracy, content and linguistic correctness.
• Carry out any other duty as may be assigned by the Editor.
The ideal candidate:
• The ideal candidates should have a degree in humanities/or mass communication or any other media-related discipline. A degree in journalism would be an added advantage.
• You should have worked for two-years as a senior reporter.
• You should have good inter-personnel and communication skills.
• Be able to work to tight deadlines.
The New Times Publications S.a.r.l is an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive and competitive salary package and other benefits that we offer, such as RAMA medical insurance, travel allowance while on duty, and many more.
If you believe you are the right candidate, please send your application letter with a detailed CV to the Managing Director.
Your CV should detail your age, your current employer and current position (if applicable), day-time and evening telephone number and names of two referees one of whom should be your current or most recent employer.
The New Times Publications S.a.r.l
P.O Box 4953 Kigali-Rwanda