Smart learning with riddles
More in Children
- What 5-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
- Find a number less than 100 that is increased by one-fifth of its value when its digits are reversed.
- A bat and a ball cost $1.10. The bat costs one dollar more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?
- What letter comes next in the following sequence? D R M F S L T_
- How many times can you subtract the number two from the number fifty?
VI. In British Columbia, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?
- Can you think of a common word that contains double C, double S and double L? Can you think of a second one?
VIII. What number comes next in the following sequence? 2 4 8 10 20 _
- Without it, I am dead. If I am not, then then I am behind. What am I?
X. If you wrote all of the numbers from 300 to 400 on a piece of paper, how many times would you have written the number 3?
Choose the Right Answer
- Each letter represents one note in the diatonic musical scale: Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Ti, Do
- After that, you would be subtracting from 48.
- You cannot take a picture with a wooden leg; you need a camera.
E. 120 (100 threes in the hundreds place + 10 threes in the tens place + 10 threes in the ones place)
- 45 (1/5 of 45 = 9, 9 + 45 = 54)
- The ball costs 5 cents. One dollar more than 5 cents is $1.05, the sum of which is $1.10.
- 22 (the sequence alternates +2, x2)
Compiled by Dennis Agaba