The Rwanda Bankers Association is seeking to recruit an Executive Secretary to manage the day to day matters of the Association.
Reporting to the Chairman and the executive committee, the job holder will need to be able to work independently, but under their guidance, as all concerned are full time senior executives of their respective banks.
Job holder will be required to:
1) Perform as Secretary to the council in general meetings and to the technical sub-committee meetings; meetings of all are held at least quarterly.
2) Prepare accurate Minutes and Matters Arising thereof.
3) Follow up on action points either as the primary person to take forward or to ensure that delegatees are taking appropriate action.
4) Represent the RBA on occasions where it is felt that the Exec Secretary can provide the necessary inputs, reporting back to the Chairman post event with full details of developments.
5) Prepare budgets for the Association on an annual basis
6) Perform accounting functions for the association within delegated limits, keeping accurate financial records and providing reconciliations and audit trail for all disbursements and receivables.
7) Prepare quarterly accounts for the council’s perusal and confirmation.
Background Requirements of the Position
• Degree in Business, Legal or similar or proven commensurate operational experience
• Experience in banking would be useful although is not a 100% necessity
• An understanding of commercial/industrial law
• Understanding of economics and the business environment from both a strategic and a practical point of view.
• Strong communication skills, spoken and written, in both English and French
• Project Management capabilities
• Creative and innovative – must be able to work unsupervised but produce results that do not need to be constantly checked/rechecked.
Other Areas of Possible Interactionpose of the contact)
External – Ministries, notably Finance, Justice, BNR, CEO’s of banks, representatives of DFI’s and other similar persons/institutions.
Internal - The Executive Council, mainly through the Chairman and Vice Chairmen
Note: This is a new position and the successful candidate will be expected to partly develop the job function over time. An attractive salary will be offered.
Applications: by e-mail with c/v included to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 20th February 2010
World Vision International (Rwanda), is a Christian, Child focused, humanitarian, Development, Relief and Advocacy Non-government Organization implementing projects/programmes in over 13 districts of Rwanda. World Vision is seeking to hire qualified, dedicated and experienced nationals to fill the following positions:
Position: Accounts Assistant
Reports to: ADP Manager
Purpose of Position
To prepare and maintain basic accounting documents and reports for Zonal Accountant and the ADP Manager.
1. Keep and maintain the books of accounts for both personal and project advances as well as the payable and receivable accounts.
2. Prepare transaction or source documents e.g. cheques, receipts, vouchers etc.
3. Maintain the petty cash and replenish the same on a regular basis.
4. Review on a daily basis the petty cash payments and verify the actual cash balance in the petty cash box.
5. Ensure proper coding of project/grant expenses.
6. Monitor and report on vehicle and Motorcycle fuel consumption on a monthly basis.
7. Manage project stock (Receive, distribute and file all stock documents.)
8. Prepare petty cash reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on the job training.
• Should have a Bachelors degree in
Accounting / Finance.
• Should have knowledge of
Generally accepted accounting
principals (GAAP), and practical
knowledge of financial systems
and internal controls and
procedures. Knowledge of
grant/project accounting and
budget preparation is an added
• Should have excellent communication
skills (oral and written)
• Should have at least one year experience in accounting profession
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is an added advantage
Core Capabilities Required
• Practicing accountability and Integrity.
• Communicating information effectively.
• Building collaborative relationships.
Application letters, an updated curriculum vitae, Academic transcripts and two reference letters : one from the Pastor/Priest and the other from the previous employer should be delivered to World Vision Rwanda offices on or before 18th February, 2010
Director, People& Culture and Organisational Effectiveness,
World Vision Rwanda
NB: Women Candidates are encouraged to
Announcement for a short-term consultancy work in gender (2 positions)
The Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) in collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources (MINAGRI) would like to solicit proposals from one international and one local consultant for the development of a sector-wide gender strategy that will enable MINAGRI to mainstream and implement gender issues through its Strategic Plan for the Transformation of Agriculture (PSTA II) and Sector-Wide Approach (SWAp) structures. The consultancy work shall be carried out over a period of not more than four months.
The consultant shall update and re-write the existing gender strategy (March 2006) to produce a new agriculture sector-wide gender strategy that will guide gender mainstreaming into the new PSTA II and other development programs within the agriculture sector. The consultancy work includes identifying gender gaps, interviewing selected individuals and groups and consultation with main actors involved in the agriculture sector in Rwanda, as may be deemed necessary to inform the new sector-wide gender strategy. The Consultants’ Team will produce the strategy document and submit it to MINAGRI and subsequently presented to the agriculture sector working group for comments and inputs or adoption. A draft document shall be submitted to MINAGRI in a period of 90 calendar days. Validation workshops and final report should be completed in the following 30 calendars days.
Detailed Terms of Reference can be obtained from the Program Support Unit (PSU) reception desk, tel. 0788304349 or by e-mail email@example.com. Office is located on Akagera Street, next to the Office of the High Commission of Canada.
• A work plan/roadmap for carrying the assessment which will be approved by MINAGRI;
• A sector-wide gender strategy document.
Essential qualifications and composition of the Team.
The assignment of developing a gender strategy for the agriculture transformation strategy will be done by a team composed of one international consultant (Team Leader) and a local consultant (member of the Team) with the following profile:
Masters’ degree in gender, social studies, macro-economy or rural development with gender experience;
Extensive experience/expertise in developing or evaluating country poverty reduction strategies, and in particular sector gender policies or strategies (minimum – 5 years);
Professional experience in policy/strategy analysis, development within a specific country context;
Experience in gender issues in East-Africa in general and in Rwanda in particular;
Ability to work effectively in English.
The local consultant must speak Kinyarwanda.
Candidates are invited to submit their application to the Rwanda-Burundi PSU, Akagera Street, Kiyovu – Kigali, not later than 12 pm – Friday, February 19, 2010. Applications must include the following documents:
- A covering letter indicating relevant qualifications and similar experiences for the assignment
- A Curriculum vitae (of each individual proposed if proposal made by a Consultation Firm)
- A copy of diplomas for relevant education and/or training
- References (three references, telephone numbers and emails)
- A Technical Proposal (3 pages)
- In a sealed and separate envelope, a Financial Proposal indicating the consultants daily rate, if possible in local currency
Only pre-selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
Simply Faster Credit
Rwanda Microfinance Ltd
Albert Supply House
Rwanda Micro Finance would like to recruit candidates for the following positions:
• Senior Group loan officer (Product development officer).
• Experienced group loan officers
• Loan officer Salary loan products
The candidates should have the following requirements:
• Must be a Rwandan
• Should be willing to learn and be deployed in any part of Rwanda
• Ability to work under less Supervision
• Command of good communication Skills
• Age 23years – 35years
• People with Education Degree are encouraged to apply.BED –Economics
If you have the above please send your CV and hand written application to the above address Addressed to Managing Director stating the position that you have applied for.
Closing date 19th FEB 2010.
NOTE: ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Toll free: 2641
Transparency Rwanda wishes to recruit an Administration & Research Assistant
Under the supervision of The Program Manager, The Administration & Research Assistant shall have the following duties:
- Develop and implement Transparency Rwanda strategies in administration and research;
- Propose to Program Manager all strategic initiatives related to research;
- Report and make comments on research conducted in Transparency Rwanda;
- Evaluate the results and impact of research activities;
- Develop and test the research tools;
- Establish an effective research system in collaboration with the Transparency Rwanda team;
- Develop the tools to disseminate research results;
- Initiate and develop communication programs to inform the public of the results of research;
- des résultats issus des recherches ;
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure efficient flow of results from research;
- Ensure the implementation and compliance with the administrative procedures;
- Develop operational plans;
- Propose an administrative management policy adapted to the needs of Transparency Rwanda;
- Make any other task asked to him / her by his superiors.
II. Profile required
̵ Rwandan citizen ;
̵ Have a bachelor's degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Management, Human Sciences or related sciences;
̵ Have an experience of 3 years with at least 1 year in administration and research in NGOs;
̵ ̵̵̵Fluent in Kinyarwanda, French and English languages;
̵ Skills in Word and Excel software;
̵ He/She has an experience in conducting research.
III. Referees and application letters
The candidate is expected to include 3 referees and their phone numbers.
The application letters addressed to the President of the Board of Transparency Rwanda, accompanied by curriculum vitae, certified copies of diplomas and the criminal record are to be filed no later than Wednesday, 17 February 2010 at 5 pm, to the Executive Secretariat of Transparency Rwanda based in Kimironko.
Kigali, on 03rd February 2010