Rusizi cholera victims discharged

RUSIZI - Doctors at Mibilizi Hospital and Bugarama Health Centre have discharged 48 people who had contracted Cholera last week. Speaking to The New Times on Monday morning, the Executive Secretary of Bugarama sector, Egide Gatera, said the residents were discharged last Saturday.

RUSIZI - Doctors at Mibilizi Hospital and Bugarama Health Centre have discharged 48 people who had contracted Cholera last week.

Speaking to The New Times on Monday morning, the Executive Secretary of Bugarama sector, Egide Gatera, said the residents were discharged last Saturday.

“They are currently in stable condition,” Gatera said.
He noted that the situation has been contained as there are no new cases reported, adding that they are still sensitising residents in the sector on proper hygiene measures.

Gatera revealed that last week UNICEF committed itself to construct various water sources within different cells in a bid to provide safe water.

The outbreak of the disease was partly attributed to lack of access to safe drinking water.

Ends

 

Have Your SayLeave a comment