It is with a heavy heart that I write this letter to you. I bank with BCR, and last night had the most unfortunate experience with this bank, I would like to ask your reporters to follow up.
I am an account holder of several banks, here in Africa and in Europe. I must say that my experience with BCR bank last night left me wondering about the bank’s professionalism.
After being informed that my salary had been transferred to my account, I went to the Novotel branch of BCR. There I was treated to the most shocking experience;
- I was told my account had been blocked because I owed the bank money, apparently interest to a car loan.
- The bank on the August 10 deducted the latest loan payment from my account, they did not deduct this interest.
- I have never received communication from BCR that I owe them money or that they have a problem with my account.
- I was treated to serious public humiliation as the manager in charge kept shouting that I had to pay this money first.
- I requested that they deduct the money from my account since my salary was reflecting. They refused instead telling me to go to the leasing department, the next morning.
-I left dejected without my money.
Editor, I felt violated; even a person who has defaulted on loan payment, or erred in any way with regards to banks procedures is treated in a better manner.