1. There are 206 bones in the adult human body where as a child has 300 bones.
2. Located in the middle ear, stapes or stirrup is the smallest human bone.
3. Brain cells which can live for an entire lifetime are the longest living cells of the human body.
4. 2.3 kg is the weight recorded of the heaviest human brain.
5. Along with 2 gigabytes of central memory and 16 parallel central processor units, the fastest computer of the world is CRAY Y-MP C90 supercomputer.
6. Approximately 50,000,000,000 (fifty billion) galaxies exist in the entire cosmos.
7. Sound travels four times faster in water than in air.
8. With an estimated surface temperature of 864 F, Venus is said to be the hottest planet in the solar system.
9. A normal galaxy consists of 100,000,000,000(one hundred billion) and 1,000,000,000,000(one trillion) stars approximately.
10. Motor neurons are the longest cells of Human body. A 4.5 feet long motor neuron can run all the way from the toe to the lower spinal cord.
11. Common Housefly transmits more diseases as compared to any other animals.
12. A true carnivorous is snake as it only eats other animals. They don’t eat plants.
13. The loudest sound that is produced by a living animal is 188 decibels. It is produced by blue whale.
14. It is observed that the seeds of an Indian Lotus tree would remain viable approximately for 300 to 400 years.
15. Inhabitants of North Dakota have never experienced an earthquake in their area.