1. You tell him things you don’t tell anyone else. This doesn’t necessarily mean blurting things out when you have had too much to drink but the desire to tell him intimate details about your life.
2. You let him see you even in moments of weakness. If you are not afraid to let him see you when you are at your lowest it means you are comfortable with him.
3. You respect him. You don’t want to change the essence of who he is. There may be stuff that irritates you—he eats cereal for dinner, he still watches Saturday morning cartoons—but you like him, plain and simple.
4. You can imagine a future together. You don’t have to practice writing your first name with his last name, but do you periodically let your mind wander to picture a life together.
5. You’re not afraid to disagree with him. You know that even if you fight, he’ll listen to you and won’t brush you off. He takes you seriously, even when he thinks you’re wrong.