Many new mums give little thought to their appearance because they usually get little sleep and there’s no extra time or energy left for making one look stunning. Jane Kabera, a mother of a 7 month year old girl, agrees that after giving birth, new mom’s often forget to take care of their appearance.
Here's how to look your best with a new baby:
• Look for clothing that is easy to clean, comfortable and hassle-free. The latter is especially important if you're breastfeeding: seek out clothing that allows for quick and easy nursing.
• Just prior to the birth of baby, consider getting low-maintenance hair cut/style. For moms who prefer to keep long hair, some attractive hair ties or barrettes will definitely come in handy.
• Conceal extra weight with longer blouses. These generally have a "thinning" affect, are comfortable and if they button, will accommodate nursing well.
• Comfortable shoes are also important. Carrying a baby and all that baby gear is a load! Low, or no, heels; plenty of cushion and a comfortable fit will help soften the blow of all that extra weight.
• For breastfeeding moms, a good-fitting bra is also important. A poorly fitted nursing bra can cause problems such as mastitis, and insufficient support can cause undue stress on neck and back muscles.
• Above all, don't fret too much about your appearance. It took nine months for those body changes to come about and it will take some months before it can be toned back into shape.