Oily skin normally tends to leave a dirt feeling on someone at the end of the day. This is because on oily skin pores get easily clogged by dirt, oil and cosmetic.
The need to cleanse your face becomes greater than in any other skin type. Scrubbing is good because it prevents skin from getting pimples while lightening the skin.
Homemade scrubs are cheap, easy to make and one can get all the ingredients from their kitchen. Here are some of the recipes of homemade scrubs you could try out:
For all these scrubs, one does not need to use a moisturizer when going to bed since they provide it. This is best done in the evenings when one has removed their makeup. And it’s always advised to do this not more than 3 times a week and to be gentle when applying them.
Honey, yoghurt facial scrub:
This scrub is effective in nourishing the skin and reducing black heads. The honey reduces inflammation, and is useful also in acne treatment.
The skin feels soft and smooth when you do this scrub. Organic honey is advisable and very effective.
• Get one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of plain yoghurt
• Apply on your face and leave for about 5 minutes.
• Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
This scrub is a little messy but gives more satisfying results.
Try the water and baking soda facial scrub:
It’s a gentle exfoliater, for sensitive skin and the skin feels fresh and healthy after using it.
• Wet the face with some lukewarm water.
• Add a little water to one teaspoon of baking soda. And massage gently on the skin.
• Leave it for some 3 -5 minutes and the rinse with it off.
If you made more than you needed for one scrub, you can keep the rest in the fridge and use it the next time.
You could try the olive oil and sugar scrub.
Use virgin olive oil and granulated sugar. The skin feels moisturized and soft after applying this scrub.
• Get one teaspoon of sugar, and one teaspoon of virgin olive oil, mix them together until they form a paste like substance.
• Apply on the face and massage very gently.
• Leave it for about 2-3 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.