Self-pity doesn’t solve dilemmas

As women, one of the things that hold us back is self-pity. When going through life’s hurdles, some women tend to seek solace in the pity party game.
Sitting alone feeling sorry for yourself will not solve you’re problems. Net Photo.
Sitting alone feeling sorry for yourself will not solve you’re problems. Net Photo.

As women, one of the things that hold us back is self-pity. When going through life’s hurdles, some women tend to seek solace in the pity party game.

Most of them go whimpering and complaining about how solidly crappy there life is. While it might be normal to be sad about a challenge one is going through, it’s a rather irritating to overdo it be sad all the time.

It’s a bit silly (not to mention selfish) to even attempt to think that your life is harder than everybody else’s. Everyone has problems.

There are times when life treats us so bad but worrying about it for years on end and starving yourself to sickness has never helped the situation.

In such situations, a woman must gather strength and courage to go through that situation. Look for a way out instead of wallowing in self pity.

Someone once said that a problem shared is a problem half solved so instead of burying yourself in agony and despair, open up to a friend and lighten your burdens.

However, beware of who you tell your problems because some people could just worsen the situation!

Tell people you are sure actually care. Our other weakness is telling the neighbours, church friends, the lady at the supermarket, workmates and everybody else who cares to listen about our problems.

Trusted friends and family should be at the top of your list. If you are really desperate to share with someone outside that category, try a therapist or something. At least they are discreet!

Much as a burden is lightened after shared with someone; telling the whole world about your husband’s flirtatious and lovey dovey messages from the receptionist at his workplace just won’t do.

Like the old adage goes “Don’t tell people you problems because 80 percent don’t care and the other 20 percent are glad you have them.”

Some people can’t be trusted as most of them will only talk behind your back and laugh at you.

Worrying and feeling sorry for yourself blinds you from realizing that other people have problems too because you are so engrossed with your own problems.

There will always be tough situations in life but work towards getting out of that situation and always look at the brighter side of life. Keep yourself occupied with things that make you happy.

 

Have Your SayLeave a comment