We all use pens and pencils in our day to day life, whether we are taking down notes or passing notes to each other during a boring class. Here are some facts about these wonderful instruments that will surprise you.
- In 1908, a man called A.C. Steward developed a press that could imprint round pencils.
- A porous point pen was introduced in 1963.
- In 1977, a new type of ballpoint that uses low-viscosity ink was introduced- called a Rollerball.
- Plant growers’ mark their plant labels in pencil because it does not fade away in the sunlight like a pen or marker.
- An unpainted pencil inserted into the soil of a potted plant can eliminate mealy bugs on plants.
- Seeing a pencil in your dream indicates that you are making a temporary impact in a situation.
- Dreaming that you are sharpening a pencil, suggests that you need to be more open-minded.
- Most ball point pens will draw a line 4000-7500 feet long.
- A typical pencil can draw a line 35 miles long or write about 45000 words.