The International Growth Centre (IGC) – Rwanda
Contract Fee: from £26,400 net of taxes depending on experience and local market conditions
The IGC is seeking to hire two Country Economists for its office in Rwanda:
1. Country Economist
2. Country Economist for Public Financial Management
The International Growth Centre (IGC) promotes sustainable growth through demand-led policy advice based on frontier research. Our core thematic areas in Rwanda are: 1. Public Finance and Taxation; 2. Firm Productivity and Exports; 3. Urbanisation; and 4. Agriculture, Mining, and Energy.
Country Economists are the in-country representatives of the IGC, reporting to the Country Director. They form a bridge between senior policymakers and researchers, engage in research, and lead project management. This requires a highly pro-active and organised approach, utilisation of advanced economic research skills and policy knowledge, and a passion and skill for impacting policy.
Selected Essential Requirements
1. Masters degree in economics, development economics, public policy/administration, or a related discipline.
2. Ability to independently conduct complex data cleaning and economic analysis using STATA.
3. Understanding of economic research methodologies, macroeconomics, and development economics.
4. Expertise in at least one the IGC Rwanda’s four thematic areas (see above).
5. Excellent communication skills, including in written English and for developing strong professional relationships.
6. Ability to work as a dynamic self-starter with minimal supervision, to effectively organise own workload under pressure.
How to Apply
Interested Rwandan candidates should visit http://www.jobinrwanda.com/job/country_economists to carefully review the full Person Specification and Terms of Reference for the position(s) for which they wish to apply.
Rwandan candidates who meet the full Person Specification should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Application: Country Economist” or “Application: Country Economist for Public Financial Management”, according to the position applied for. Candidates may apply for both positions (in which case, please send two emails).
Candidates must attach to their application email:
1. Their CV;
2. A covering letter that outlines how they meet the Person Specification;
3. An analytical writing sample;
4. A well-annotated STATA do file.
Applications that do not include these supporting documents will not be considered.
The closing date for receipt of applications is: 23:59 hours (GMT) on 15 May 2017.
Thank you for your interest in the IGC. We look forward to receiving your application.