Mining firm hopeful of gold deposits
Gold potential of the Miyove Project is certain and the prospecting company says it will continue to explore for the precious mineral until end of next month.
“There is no doubt that there is gold in Miyove, the question is the quantity,” observed Oleg Moiseev Maning Director of Rogi Mining Rwanda during a phone interview with Business Times.
Rogi owns three properties in Rwanda, with the principal asset being the Miyove Gold Project which comprises 2,937 hectares over the largest historic gold-producing area in the country.
“As for us, we plan to continue exploration drilling between 4,000 and 5,000 metres. We consider our Miyove project as very perspective,” he added.
According to a press statement from the company, Beak Consultants, a German-based company hired by Rwandan government made a tour of the Miyove Project Rwanda’s mineral potential.
The consultants gathered information that will be used as a framework to carry out geological studies and additional work, aimed at better evaluating the mineral wealth of Rwanda.
“Beak consultants were impressed with the project area’s geology, structures and especially the metal grades, and took several samples for assaying so that more detailed information can be presented to the Government of Rwanda in their report,” the release reads in part.
However, when contacted the Minister of Natural resources, Stanislas Kamanzi said he was not aware of the visit given that Miyove is not among the four Prospective Target Areas contracted to be surveyed.
“I am not aware and not sure on which grounds they visited Miyove because the PTAs identified are in East and Southern Provinces,” said Kamanzi in a telephone interview.
The four areas to be surveyed for possible existence of minerals by Beak Consultants include, Kirehe and Nyagatare districts in Eastern Province and Muhanga and Musebaya districts in Southern Province.
According to Kamanzi, the firm was hired two months ago and the survey will be conducted for a period of one year targeting December beofe the submission of a report.
The Miyove gold project comprises three mineralised zones referred to as Karenda, Baradega and Masogwe.
Moiseev is also the country manager of Simba gold Corp that holds 26 percent shares in Rogi with a plan to acquire the remaining 74 percent shares by 2015.
The release shows that three types of structurally controlled gold mineralisation has been identified and includes stringer-vein zones, silicified, and ferruginous shales.
Miyove gold project is about 65 kilometres from the Kigali City located at 2,937h in the northern part of Rwanda.